Saturday, June 30, 2012

Day 16: Heidelburg and Driving Back to Brussels

Today was mostly driving through Germany and Luxembourg to our hotel at the Brussels Airport. Though this morning we did go explore Heidelburg's old town, including the famous bridge and Heidelburg Universität, the oldest university in Germany. There we saw the fancy old hall (where Dr. Bunsen of the Bunsen burner is immortalized on the wall along with all the other professors) and looked at the student prison, where students were incarcerated for drunkenness, impoliteness, or dueling until the early 1900s. There was some very interesting and elaborate old graffiti on the walls, which you can see below.

The only other thing we did today was try (and fail) to go to the brand-new Musée Hergé (basically the Tin Tin Museum) in Louvain-la-Neuve outside of Brussels, but we got there just half an hour after it closed, which mostly sucks because I wanted to buy Tin Tin stuff. :( Oh well!

So that's pretty much it. Tomorrow back to London on the train, then I'm off to Stratford. I am a leeeeeetle nervous - mostly because I don't want to spend too much money, get horribly lost, or not speak to another human for a week, which knowing me (and my general awkwardness) might happen if I'm not brave. Oh and also getting raped/murdered/mugged/creeped on/conned/kidnapped. You know. The whole range of stuff that women are supposed to be afraid of. But whatevs.

We will see how this goes.

Oh, and here are the crappy pictures I took today:

No comments:

Post a Comment