Sunday, June 3, 2012

All the things I said and didn't say...


Eventually one day I will link to my valedictorian speech here. Yeah.

I feel like my speech was eh. Sure I said what I wanted to say, about not wasting what you've done in high school and being an asset to your community, but there was so much I wanted to say that didn't make it into the speech. Like all of these things:

To all of my friends who are leaving town: I would like to extend a standing invitation to you: Anytime you come back to Denton (ANY TIME), call me or something and we will go to lunch. Seriously. I will miss you! :)

To my (extended) family: It means so much to me that you guys came to support me in this accomplishment, and I so much appreciate all you do for me--more than just the gifts and the cards, but the love and attention and support I've felt from all of you my entire life. I am so lucky to have so many awesome aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents, and I love all of you!

To my parents: Wow. I owe you guys so much for all the things you've taught me and done for me my entire life. I can't even express how much it means to me, though you know I probably don't show it like I should all the time. Without you, I would not be where I am now, and the things I have planned for would not be possible. A million bajillion thanks to both of you, and I love you so much, Mom and Dad!

To my brother: (reference letter from last year) :) But seriously, you've been an inspiration, a wonderful friend, and seriously the best brother in the world. I've come to realize that this year more than ever; what a difference it makes to have such a smart, fun, and tolerable brother! I am truly lucky to have you, and it makes me happy to know that no matter what happens, I will always be your sister! :)

To my friends: You guys are awesome, and I only hope that I can find people as cool and close as you again in college. Even if sometimes all we end up doing on a "night out" is sit at home and watch a movie, you have truly made my high school experience bearable and I'm sure had some influence on the way I turned out. :) All of you will do wonderfully in life, I know it. And do not, on pain of me hunting you down and punching you in the face, lose touch. Hahaha, you think I'm kidding!

To Jackson:  Thank you for dealing with my stress and insanity this last year; you are amazing and wonderful and awesome. I know you will kick ass as president next year. I love you. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment