Friday, August 10, 2012

Upcycled Papier Mache Box!




This is my beautiful new box. 


I made it into art. 


A few days ago it was just a fancy cardboard box that was too nice to throw away. 
I knew it had to have some purpose. 


So I started cutting out a bunch of petals from old magazines. 


I ended up with a lot of petals.


Then I painted the box orange, just for kicks, and started papier-mache-ing the petals on to look like a giant, colorful flower.


And I just kept on papier-mache-ing!


And papier-mache-ing, and papier-mache-ing...


I even covered the bottom with newspaper!


And the inside with pretty paper.


So now I have this beautiful box. 


I think I will use it to hold my letters and nice cards and stuff, because really, what is one supposed to do with letters? But I don't want to get rid of them because they make me happy. Thus, my beautiful box. WHOO!


No comments:

Post a Comment