Monday, August 27, 2012

New Home: Welcome to HoHa!


Well, Jeremy, Godric, and I are all moved into our new home! Thanks very very much to everyone who helped me move in, especially Jackson and my mom (espcially especially my mom--thanks for helping me get ready and for buying me so much stuff--I couldn't have done it without you! <3). The last two days have mostly been tying up all the random loose ends that come with moving and starting an independent life at college. But now my room is pretty much a home, though a relatively empty one, as my roommate doesn't exist. 

Anyway, let me give you the tour of my private abode!


I have a comfy (if rather tall) bed and a nice view...


A nice and organized desk...


With some books and desk friends on top...


A bulletin board in the works...


A gloriously large closet (and a (rather unfortunate) poster courtesy of Jackson)...


A nice bathroom area with my jewelry tree on display (along with some of the Jackson's artwork!)...


And a box full of my friends Wise Sloth Man, Baby Ugly, Haboob, Alfonso Johanne Smith, Sidnopolis, and Olio...


An efficient little kitchen area...


A dining area, with my mom's watercolor on the wall...


And a cute little reading area!

There's also a small bathroom/shower area, but who wants to see a picture of a toilet? 

But that's my new home! I feel so fancy with all this space to myself! And no signs of getting a roommate yet--seriously, I think it's too late until the next semester at this point. But other than setting up my room and dealing with all the things that fall down during the night, I've been scoping out the campus and meeting people. Just an hour ago I made two new English-major Honors-Hall friends who are remarkably similar to myself, and five minutes ago I got a knock on my door from a girl I've been emailing all summer. 

And then there was the wonderful adventure of playing Apples to Apples with some HoHa vets and watching Good Burger followed by The Room (seriously, it's the second time in a week--what's wrong with me?). But I feel pretty integrated into Honors Hall life and culture. Things are going well. Classes are going to start, and that'll be a whole new adventure, but I think (I hope) I'm ready. :)


Well, at least I have (almost) all my textbooks! ;) 


PS - Good luck to all my high school lovelies as you start school. I LOVE YOU! (Also, HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA! *points and laughs*)

1 comment: