Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Guadelupe Adventures!


Yay! Just got back from having a two-day adventure with my Group of Friends, Sarah, Alex, Anna, and Danielle. I am mercilessly sunburned despite wearing just as much sunscreen as everyone else. :( But it was still fun!


We started out by tubing the "horseshoe" section of the Guadelupe--a maybe two mile bend that took two and a half hours to complete.


The first quarter mile probably took us an hour, and after that it was lots of baby rapids and getting beached on rocks that sat just under the too-shallow water's surface. I wish I had pictures, but a huge river is not an ideal location for a cell phone. So please, enjoy these random people's pictures and pretend it's me and my friends. :)





After that, we checked into the hotel and headed over to San Antonio for dinner. We walked along the riverwalk and eventually ate at a rather fancy Italian restaurant on the water. It was deeeeeelicious, even if we probably weren't the target audience for such a place, dressed as we were in a variety of states of extreme casual. 

Then, despite that my back and legs and chest were killing me from sunburn and I thought I might just pass out from fatigue (did I mention that I only got three hours of sleep the night before?) we walked to the Alamo and looked around. 


That whole area feels very much like an amusement park now, which I don't recall from the last time I was there. Just in front of the Alamo itself I counted six snow cone stands, and across the street is an array of Ripley-brand entertainment options, from a haunted house to a wax museum. But on the bright side, we saw the most adorable gay Asian couple ever, which you can (creepily) observe in the photo below. 


:D

And then we went back to the hotel, chilled, and eventually went to sleep after the others had a failed quest for Bingo. Finally, today, after a very long drive and stopping at both the University of Mary Harden Baylor (Sarah's school) and the University of Baylor (just for kicks -- did you know they have a legit bear on campus?), we made it safely home. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment