Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Mail Comes in All Shapes and Sizes!

You know, coming to college five feet away from my house, I didn't really expect a lot of care packages. Or mail at all, really. I didn't even really intend on getting a mailbox at UNT, actually. 

But oh, am I glad I did. 

Not only did I fail to take into account that I have awesome friends who for some reason love the US postal service as much as I do, but I also forgot how fantastic my parents are. 

They are apparently the kind of people who send me care packages from across town, just because it's a college experience they think I ought to have. :D

And it's a pretty badass care package too. 

So now I have this amazing t-shirt from my uncle's brewery in California:

(which also happens to match my room... oh, and hi, Doctor Who poster!)

And this book: 

(Is it bad that it took me until now to realize that my computer obviously thinks it's a mirror and all this stuff is backward? Yeah...apparently I have beast backward-reading skills. So good, in fact, that I could hardly even tell what was wrong.)

And these brilliantly creative bookmarks, which I couldn't help but keep on taking pictures of:




 And a sticker and a leaf, both things I appreciate:


And, of course, this beautiful bird candleholder:


Which, because candles are taboo here in Honors, I will instead use it as a flopping-penguin transport vehicle. Because everyone knows penguins wish they could actually fly. 

"Okay, now go, go, go!"
  
And finally, postcards from Canada and lovely notes. Thanks Mom and Dad! :)



2 comments:

  1. My mail isn't getting through :( so if you send me a letter and I don't write back, just ask if I got it. Because I probably didn't. :( :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the second picture of the bookmark!

    ReplyDelete