Sunday, November 4, 2012

Potter-o-ween and Pyromania and Possums, etc.

So for Halloween, my friend Jenna and I decided to go as the Black sisters (or, you know, the LeStrange-and-Malfoy sisters), and I, as the resident blonde, was of course Narcissa Malfoy.


Despite that I didn't have a wand or a robe or pretty much anything else, I did have a pretty bad ass Dark Mark, courtesy of my friend Sarah. 


Although really, I feel like I still kind of looked more like a World War II era bar singer than a witch, it's the thought that counts on Halloween, right?


Anyway. This weekend was also Homecoming, which meant BONFIRE!
(also pretty much the only Homecoming event I attended. Whatevs!)

It started off with fireworks!




And then just FIRE!


And then MORE FIRE!




Until it was so big, I almost got my face burned off from all the way across the lake!


Not this guy, though. 


He's too cool. 

These people were with me, though. RETREAT! RETREAT!


And then I came home to house sit and found a ridiculously un-afraid possum. 


Still no kitty, though. :( 

But I DO love this Inuit who put his rightful name on his Senior shirt despite that no one will ever understand it except me. 


Ah, Mickey. Good to see you embracing your true heritage!

Oh, also, I saw Cloud Atlas. Not sure how I feel about it. It was long and hard to watch, mostly because of some really uncomfortable and slightly gratuitous violence. But the concept was interesting. I guess the verdict is that it could have been better but wasn't nearly as horrible as it could have been. 

That is all. 


3 comments:

  1. Wait. Did your kitten go missing?? If so, WHY DID I NOT KNOW THAT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! :'( She's been gone for four days now. :( I'M SO SAD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH NO I'M SO SAD :( I never even got to meet her!! I hope you find her.

    ReplyDelete