Monday, February 25, 2013

Learning Something New About Myself (probably)

Today while I was studying for Management (urgh) at work, I came across the Myers-Briggs Personality Test in my notes. It occurred to me that I have never taken a satisfactory personality test--I never even got the results of my job aptitude tests in high school. And while I don't necessarily trust these types of things as all-encompassing truth, it's still interesting. So I decided to give it a try and hit up the internet.

After taking several tests, me results came back pretty consistent:

INTJ

61% Introverted (versus Extroverted)
55% Intuitive (versus Sensing)
63% Thinking (versus Feeling)
71% Judging (versus Perceiving)

Eeeeeenteresting.

Apparently only 1-4% of the population fall into this category. Wikipedia says INTJs are "most comfortable working alone and tend to be less sociable than other types. Nevertheless, INTJs are prepared to lead if no one else seems up to the task, or if they see a major weakness in the current leadership. They tend to be pragmaticlogical, and creative. They have a low tolerance for spin or rampant emotionalism. They are not generally susceptible to catchphrases and do not readily accept authority based on tradition, rank, or title."

Most of what the Wikipedia article has to say resonates with me, in fact. Psychology! But, as my coworker Lex remarked, "It's like a horoscope, only a little bit more real."

Indeed.

If you want to take the test, here's one that I did:

http://similarminds.com/jung.html 

2 comments:

  1. we have done the myers-briggs a few times at work... my result is almost exactly the same as yours; i think mine is a little more thinking (~75%), less feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha I'm the exact opposite of you.

    ReplyDelete